There’s nothing quite like a good whiskey punch to help you wind down after a long day. But with all the different recipes out there, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together our list of favorite whiskey punches—so you can try them all and find your new go-to drink.
Whiskey is the perfect drink for relaxing with friends or family. It has a rich flavor that can be enjoyed by everyone, and it goes well with many different mixers. Today, we’ll take a look at some punches that you can make using whiskey, and some of the best recipes for each one.
#1 Spiced Cider Bourbon Punch
This spiced cider bourbon punch is the perfect drink to enjoy as the weather gets cooler. Made with apple cider, bourbon, honey, lemon juice, bitters, cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick, this punch is both delicious and easy to make.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 12 oz. apple cider
- 8 oz. bourbon
- 3 oz honey
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 8 dashes bitters
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the apple cider, bourbon, honey, lemon juice, bitters, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well until all of the ingredients are fully mixed.
To serve the punch, fill a glass halfway with ice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
#2 Whiskey Sour Party Punch
This whiskey sour party punch is the perfect drink to make for a crowd – it’s delicious, easy to make, and always a hit at parties.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 6 oz. sweet and sour mix
- 6 oz. whiskey
- 3 oz. triple sec
- 2 cups Sprite®
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 lemon sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries with a little juice, plus more for garnish if desired
To make the party punch, combine the sweet and sour mix, whiskey, triple sec, Sprite®, water, orange juice, lemon slices, and maraschino cherries in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Stir well until everything is fully combined. Chill the drink in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional maraschino cherries if desired, and serve cold.
#3 White Whiskey Punch
This white whiskey punch is a great twist on the classic whiskey punch. Made with whiskey, lime juice, pineapple juice, honey, and coconut cream, this punch is sweet, tart, and refreshing all at once.
For the recipe, you’ll need:
- 6 oz. whiskey
- 4 oz. lime juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
Stir well until everything is fully mixed. Refrigerate the punch for at least 2 hours before serving to allow all of the flavors to blend together. Serve immediately, garnished with pineapple wedges if desired.
#4 Bourbon Rosemary Punch
Made with bourbon and rosemary-infused simple syrup, this bourbon rosemary punch is perfect for winter entertaining! Bring a little flavor to your next party with this Bourbon Rosemary Punch.
Made with only 3 ingredients and a fun infusion method, it’s sure to be a hit.
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup rosemary-infused simple syrup*
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, for garnish
In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the bourbon, rosemary-infused simple syrup, and sparkling water. Stir well to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Serve Punch
1. Select a large, airtight container to serve your punch in. This can be anything from a clear pitcher or punch bowl to a decorative beverage dispenser.
2. Next, decide on the ingredients you will use for your punch. Some classic options mentioned above include apple cider, sweet and sour mix, whiskey, triple sec, Sprite®, water, orange juice, lemon slices, maraschino cherries, and ice.
3. Once you have your ingredients ready to go, start by combining them in your large container. Stir the mixture well until everything is fully blended together.
4. If desired, chill the punch for at least 2 hours before serving so that all of the flavors can blend together nicely. This will also help keep it cold if you are serving outdoors or somewhere without air conditioning.
5. Before serving your punch to guests at a party or gathering, fill glasses halfway with ice and pour in some of the bourbon rosemary punch. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh rosemary, if desired. Enjoy!
6. When setting up your punch bowl or dispenser, be sure to place it in a central location that is easy for guests to access. This can either be on a table near where people will be sitting at the party, or on a bar cart or countertop if you are hosting more of an informal gathering.